Tuesday, 4 February 2014

High Priest of Saturn - Self Titled

Hey everyone, my name's Elek and I'm going to be one of the new reviewers/posters on Fucked by Noise- I'm originally from Oshawa, but I live in Ottawa, Canada and I'm in my first year of university here. As you can probably tell from the few posts I've done so far I'm mostly into stoner/doom metal, but I also love depressive suicidal black metal, dark ambient, powerviolence, and neo-folk. Some of my favourite bands at the moment I suppose would have to be Sleep, Gris, Bolt Thrower, Bone Awl, Austerity, Om, and Death in June. I'm really looking forward to posting on the blog and I hope you all enjoy my posts/reviews

Stay fucked- by noise, or whatever else gets you off,

Elek

'High Priest of Saturn'
High Priest of Saturn
2013

Review by Elek Malcolm-Madill

Genre/s: Doom/Stoner Metal
For Fans Of: Electric Wizard, Blood Ceremony, High on Fire

Norway's “High Priest of Saturn” are new to the stoner/doom scene and have made a great first album drawing on influences from Electric Wizard while also managing to stay fresh and original. The album makes excellent use of organs in each track to subtly reinforce the extremely slow, heavy riffs and give it a greater sense of flow/movement. The lengthy songs are also driven forward by the refreshing talents of vocalist/bassist Merethe Heggset, whose high, almost etheral sounding vocals clash excellently with the massive and overbearing pound of the drums and strings. I'm extremely excited to see what else High Priest of Saturn will come up with next.

TRACKLISTING:
1. Protean Towers
2. Kraken Mare
3. Crawlig King Snake
4. On Mayda Insula

1 comment: