Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Midnight - Farewell to Hell

'Farewell to Hell'
Midnight
2008

Review by Elek Malcolm-Madill

Genre/s: Speed Metal, Blackened Thrash
For Fans Of: Speedwolf, Venom, Hellhammer, Power From Hell, Bat, War Ripper, Droid

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely worship all Midnight, so objectivity is gonna be a hard thing for me to stick to in this particular review. I  would've done a discography post but seeing as they have a perfectly good bandcamp page via their label, Hell's Headbangers, you can go check their other stuff out there. Farewell to Hell however isn't something that I found included on Hell's Headbangers roster of Midnight throughout their bandcamp profile, so I figured I'd throw it up myself for anyone interested. If you're unfamiliar with Midnight then basically imagine everything that you love about 80s thrash mixed the best aspects of Venom and Speedwolf all bound together into one huge, sleazy, guitar-shredding monster. Farewell to Hell is also noticeably more lo-fi than their main releases like Satanic Royalty and No Mercy For Mayhem, it's interesting to see this side of Midnight, and it suits the overall tone that I imagine Jamie Walters, er, sorry- Athenar, was going for extremely well. Midnight can and have pretty much done no wrong as far as I can tell, so if this is the first time you're seeing them mentioned anywhere, then jump on the download link below asap.

Tracklisting:
1. Black Rock'n'Roll
2. It's A Sacrifice
3. Vomit Queens
4. Screams of Blasphemy
5. Cross Held High
6. Lucifer's Sanctuary
7. When I Die
8. Unholy and Rotten (Live)

Download

1 comment:

  1. Got to see Midnight a few weeks back here in Austin and they Destroyed as usual!!!!

    ReplyDelete