Monday, 9 March 2015

Mortuary Drape - All the Witches Dance

'All the Witches Dance'
Mortuary Drape
1995

Review by Elek Malcolm-Madill

Genre/s: Black Heavy Metal, Funeral Doom
For Fans Of: G.I.S.M, Master's Hammer, Funerary Bell, Venom, Hellhammer, King Diamond
Favourite Track: My Soul/Primordial

Opened by cliche but pleasantly minimalistic revers Latin prayer to everybody's favourite fallen angel, 'All the Witches Dance' is a classic album with a somewhat misleading cover. When I say that I mean that although the work put into it (particularly the gawdy font at the bottom) is surpassed greatly by the skill and thought put into the album itself. The instrumentation on the second track, Primordial, sounds pretty punk influenced, which remains a presence throughout the remainder of the album, and thats what I think really sets this album aside, and why many cult metal and punk fans consider it a classic. That being said though, I don't want to jerk off an album like this too much, a lot of the tracks have a pretty demo-like quality which some people don't care for so I should mention that opinion on the album as well to be fair. All in all though I think if you're into anything from 80s era Japanese punk (the vocals reminded me of GISM a bit) to classic black metal like Venom and King Diamond then you'll probably get a good kick out of this album.

Tracklisting:
1. My Soul/Primordial (9:28)
2. Astral Bewitchment (5:48)
3. Funeral Chant (5:13)
4. Larve (5:32)
5. Tregenda (Dance in Shroud) (7:24)
6. 13th Way (3:52)
7. Intro (Chain) (1:26)
8. Medium Mortem (4:12)
9. Occult Abyss (6:56)

Total Runtime: 49:51

Download

1 comment:

  1. Hello every one i am very happy today to share this great testimony with you, I contacted Dr Ogudugu in regards of my lover. He no longer wanted to associate with me anymore. He was interested in working out from the marriage, after begging and pleading with him I realized it was out of my hands, he really was leaving me. My co-worker went through a similar situation and told me that Dr Ogudugu had helped her. I can't say how much I'm grateful she introduced me to Him. After discussing the resolution with Dr Ogudugu, get your lover back spell has done more than what I expected. My lover not only came back to me, but has left his wife and now we are engaged, we are getting married next year, I don't know what I would have done without you. I believe you are my guardian angel you can contact him Via Email GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM Website: http://greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete