Friday, 12 September 2014

Impact Unit - My Friend The Pit

'My Friend The Pit' 
Impact Unit
1989 (Recorded in 1983)

Review by Brayden Bagnall

Genre/s: Hardcore
For Fans Of: DYS, SS Decontrol, Jerry's Kid, Negative Approach

I could do this review properly. I could tell you about how these demos are probably the best of 1980s Boston hardcore, and some of the meanest hardcore tunes recorded in that decade. I could go on-and-on-and-on about the gruff vocals, breakneck guitar and unrivaled aggression.
Furthermore I could say this is a classic, no hardcore fan should go without hearing this at least once. Perhaps I could even mention that Crossed Out did a ripper cover of one of their songs. I could do that.
Or
Yeah, this is the hardcore band that singer from the Mighty Mighty Bosstones used to be in. It's pretty different.
Ain't that a knock on wood.

TRACKLISTING:
1. Nightstalker
2. Complain
3. My Friends & The Pit
4. I'd Eat Your Shit
5. Dead Meat

6. Regular Boys Haircut

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment