Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Senior Fellows - Ecclesiastical Servitude
For Fans Of: Thou, Admiral Angry, Black Sheep Wall, The Abominable Iron Sloth, KEN Mode
Tune your strings to drop spaghetti and grow your hair out kids, IT'S SLUDGE TIME.
Sludge time today is brought to you courtesy of Oklahoma 'Political Sludge' band, Senior Fellows who combine crushing low end and pummeling riffs with socially conscious and intelligent lyrics.
On Ecclesiastical Servitude, Senior Fellows juxtapose massively downtuned 'chugs' with interesting, and slightly 'off kilter' riffs that would sound right at home with noisier metalcore acts such as Fight Amp or KEN Mode. This innovative approach to sludge (which is usually pretty straightforward and derivative) really does lend itself to a fairly progressive take on the genre, that keeps each of the 11 tracks on this album from sounding dull or repetitive. Paired with the crisp production and bowel rupturing heaviness, Senior Fellows have indeed crafted a formidable entry into the annals of modern sludge metal.
1. ATROCITIES EXPLODE THE DELUSION OF TOLERANCE (#24)
2. OFFICER, ARE YOU DETAINING ME, OR AM I FREE TO GO? (#8)
3. TERROR, HARM, AND JUSTICE (#22)
4. GOD ENDORSED SLAVERY (#2)
5. A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW OF BIBLICAL MORALITY AND ITS INJURIOUS IMPACT ON
6. CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS (#9)
7. UNDERESTIMATING THE EXTENT OF PREJUDICE IN THE WHITE POPULATION (#23)
8. FUNDAMENTALIST INTERPRETATION (#14)
9. EDWARD THE CONFESSOR (#13)
10. RECEIVE NO MERCY AND BE EXTERMINATED, AS THE LORD COMMANDED (#16) 02:56
11. STEPPED FORWARD TO RULE (#15)