Tuesday 1 October 2013

Limits - September Demo

'September Demo'
Limits
2013

(Band Submission)

Genre/s: Hardcore, Dark Hardcore, Powerviolence
For Fans Of: Coke Bust, Left For Dead, California Love, Gehenna

It always makes  my day when I see a band submit their stuff to me, and while I may take my sweet time  (sorry, by the way) getting it up onto this blog, I'm always happy to get some cool new music out there to the masses. ANYWAY, what we have here is some awesome up and coming sonic devastation in the form of Limits, a Straight-Edge hardcore/powerviolence band from Philly. While it's a lo-fi demo, the quality of the material is excellent - 9 punishing tracks of brutality that borrow heavily from powerviolence, sludge (and doom) and classic, meaty hardcore (a la Boston). The raspy vocals are great, the tempo changes from glacial to VERY FUCKING FAST are even greaterer and don't even get me started on the beatdowns they thrown in there.  Here's hoping they release more excellent stuff further down the track.

TRACKLISTING:
1. Bereft
2. Get Out
3. Empty Shell
4. Both Ends
5. Drown
6. Enough Pressure
7. Clearing
8. Void
9. Tourist

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment